Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 23 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Investment advisors have come out swinging against the imposition of fiduciary standard, arguing it may actually hurt not help some clients – specifically, the most vulnerable.
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 23 Jul 2015, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    Regulators & politicians need to get their heads out of ... the sand and consider the Advocis proposal, if they really want to protect low to middle-income Canadians.
  • Janet | 23 Jul 2015, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    Gee, I wish there was an explanation for the concerns of having a fiduciary standard in this article. It does not explain how consumers would be negatively affected.
  • Ken K | 23 Jul 2015, 05:11 PM Agree 0
    Investors should be alarmed that the advice they are getting is not required by regulation to be in their best interests.i certainly agree that proficiency needs to be dramatically raised and embedded sakes commissions eliminated.Reps are using all kinds of titles to project competence but it is a rouse.It's time for advice to be given out by professionals with a fiduciary duty and distribution to be dispensed by salespersons.That way , Canadians have a better chance of retiring in confidence.Pros should embrace the fiduciary standard not fear it.
Post a reply