Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 24 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
One fund company’s move to protect advisor interest might not be good for Alberta’s oil patch but it’s definitely positive for clients interested in a balanced portfolio.
  • Ken Muzik | 30 Jul 2015, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    This is very interesting and good news for advisors who recommend mutual funds to their clients. I used to sell mutual funds for several years and the inflexibility of not being able to provide investors exactly what they wanted was always a concern. Today, I am a financial planner who refers business to Investment Council Portfolio Managers who have the flexibility to invest a client's money exactly how they want it invested. I find investors, especially high net worth ones, appreciate the added flexibility and transparency that ICPMs are able to offer with custom designed portfolios specific to their needs and objectives. The fact that they also have a fiduciary duty to act in the clients' best interests is also greatly appreciated by investors and by me as a financial planner.
Post a reply