Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 28 Oct 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Industry players have had time to reflect on IIROC’s decision to extend its education contract with CSI for another five years but that doesn’t mean they’ve cooled off
  • Patti | 28 Oct 2015, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Agreed I have taken US courses which are much better prepared, less expensive and are consistent. The monopoly of not only the courses but also designation holders, the fees on holding a CIM, FCSI, CIWM have increased substantially since Moody's has taken ownership of the CSI.
  • Russ | 28 Oct 2015, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    I've criticized the content of WP's articles in the past, but this article is a reason to praise you. Thank you for raising this subject. The CSC, at least, should be available from multiple providers, not limited to CSI, a for-profit organization.
  • kathy Waite Your Net Worth Manager | 29 Oct 2015, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    You interviewed my about designations for your magazine a couple of months ago and I said exactly this....monopolies lead to apathy. Same with CFP setting themselves up as the gold standard. Someone in my family has been writing portfolio manager exams and WME recently and has noticed the same as Dans comments. The exams are also unreflective of the course work. Huge sections of the text not examined and one small area multiple questions on.
Post a reply