Forum

Wealth Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Wealth Professional | 19 Sep 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A seasoned investment professional tells Wealth Professional why Canadian advisors need to step up and educate investors about modern investment risks
  • Paul | 19 Sep 2016, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    While I agree with your thesis, which obvious in my opinion, what was lacking in your article, that would be more helpful, was to describe what types of investments specifically the "average" investor should (that they can access and not be UHNW investors) replace bonds which are not highly correlated to equities. It certainly isn't listed REITs or Preferred funds or even high yield bonds all which in 2008 had drastic declines. While these alternative, including "dividend payers", likely yield more than bonds there is still the fact investors need true asset diversification that stops their whole portfolio from taking a hit like 2008.
    • WP Editor | 22 Sep 2016, 04:14 PM Agree 0
      Thanks for the post, Paul. What investment strategies would you recommend for the average investor in Q4 2016?
Post a reply